Inpatient psychiatric and behavioral care for seniors is a special service we are honored to offer at Carolina Dunes Behavioral Health.
Also known as geriatric psychiatric care, our 20-bed senior adult inpatient program is designed to support aging adults, 50+ years old, who are experiencing mental health and/or behavioral issues that require 24-hour hospitalization.
The goal of our inpatient psychiatric care program for seniors is to address and manage their mental health and/or behavioral issues and improve their overall quality of life. This may involve a variety of treatment modalities, including medication management, individual therapy, group therapy, and family therapy.
Our Services Include:
Senior Adult Warning Signs
Patients struggling with mental health disorders or substance abuse/dependence may present the following behaviors:
- Suicidal thoughts/attempts
- Severe depression
- Prolonged grief or sadness
- Hallucinations or delusions
- Agitation or inappropriate verbal, vocal, or motor activity
- Sudden change in cognitive functioning
- Disordered thinking
- Aggressive behaviors
- Sundown syndrome with severe disruptions of activities of daily living
- Medication noncompliance