The clinical team at Carolina Dunes Behavioral Health offers behavioral treatment for adolescents age 12 to 17.
Helping an adolescent get the treatment they need for mental health issues can be challenging. Parents and caregivers may find the process of seeking help to be overwhelming, not only because of concern for the adolescent but because of their own emotions as well.
Carolina Dunes Behavioral Health makes this process easier by offering psychiatric services specifically designed for patients between the ages of 12 and 17. Our inpatient treatment options are available for adolescents who are admitted both voluntarily or involuntarily and include: immediate assessment, diagnosis, and rapid stabilization of acute psychiatric symptoms.
Adolescent warning signs
Carolina Dunes Behavioral Health’s adolescent treatment program works with young people who have a wide range of psychiatric, emotional, and behavioral issues, including:
Adolescent Inpatient Care Highlights
- Assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of ongoing psychiatric, emotional, or behavioral challenges
- Hospital-based, therapeutic, secure environment with the ability to meet the individual needs of our patients
- Evidence-based therapeutic programs designed to provide stress management skills and medication management, and to address substance abuse or dependence
- NC Licensed private school with fully accredited teachers
- Coordination and discharge planning with families or other caregivers, community agencies, and insurance companies
Who is Inpatient Care For?
Along with experiencing acute symptoms of psychiatric disorders or emotional illness, patients may also be struggling with mental health disorders or substance abuse/dependence and may present with the following:
- Suicidal or homicidal thoughts/attempts
- Self-harming behaviors
- Severe depression
- Psychological concerns due to trauma
- Bipolar disorder
- Drug and alcohol abuse/addiction